Record Of Malls Of The United Kingdom
Norman Jones & Co. – Succeeded Makins & Bean. Bought by Mr. R. H. Carlton 1911; renamed Carltons 1918. Bought by Drapery Trust; renamed Debenhams 1972. Joseph Johnson – Established 1880. Acquired by Fenwick 1962; renamed Fenwick.
Lewis’s – group went into administration in 1991. A variety of shops had been subsequently acquired by Owen Owen. The flagship Liverpool store was last owned by Vergo Retail and closed on 29 May 2010. Fear Hill – group of 4 department shops; the Trowbridge store was established in 1880. This is an inventory of department stores of the United Kingdom.
The flagship Croydon retailer continued to commerce independently after 2005, finally closing on 22 September 2012. Our website ships orders throughout the UK, offering free delivery on orders over £forty and the option for Next Day or Saturday deliveries. Very knowledgeable, compassionate and thoughtful however above all, professional always … excellent customer providers abilities. Here at Evapo we inventory an intensive vary of vaping products; catering to new vapers, advanced vapers, and everybody in between.
Pink Nostril Day
Acquired by Selfridges 1927; destroyed by fireplace 1959; new constructing completed 1959; ownership transferred to R H O Hills 1959; renamed Moultons; renamed Selfridges; closed. Ricemans (Canterbury; previously Deal, Kent) – Relocated from Deal to purpose-built Canterbury store Nineteen Sixties. Bought by Fenwick 1986; renamed Fenwick on relocation to new constructing 2003. Lingards – Originally Sunbridge Road.Bought by United Drapery Stores; New retailer opened The mall, Westgate. Both shops closed by UDS on 23 April 1977. Harrison Gibson – closed 2010Harrison Gibson – Opened as a department of Harrison Gibson of Ilford.
Attwoods – purchased by Kay & Co. of Worcester, the catalogue business within the 1950s. Selfridge Provincial Stores – group created by Selfridges in 1926. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership in 1940. Selfridges flagship department retailer was not a part of this acquisition and was acquired by Lewis’s in 1951. Allders Department Stores – group went into administration on 29 January 2005. All branches have been subsequently bought or closed.
Vape Shop in Dover, UK
Building now occupied by Hoopers . Corders – established 1787 Bought by Debenhams; integrated into Footman Pretty on completion of new constructing. W J Buckley & Co. – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores and subsequently acquired by the John Lewis Partnership in 1940. The store was sold to Busbys of Bradford in 1953 who rebranded the shop under the Busbys name.
Pophams Plymouth – Opened in 1824 as Pophams & Radford before the Radford element was dropped in 1931. Bought out by Dingles in 1962 and closed shortly after. Ponting Brothers – Bought by John Barker & Co. 1907. Acquired by House of Fraser 1957; closed 1970. William Plumpton & Son – Bought by Palmers; renamed Palmers. Pearsons (Bishop’s Stortford) – Opened as a department of Pearsons of Enfield 1972 in premises formerly occupied by H Sparrow. Bought by Morleys Stores 2010; closed 2012.
Vape Shop in Wigan, UK
You ought to consult your health care provider earlier than vaping. CBD is a popular wellness supplement, out there in vary of solutions, from e-liquids to edibles. Read more about CBD and what solutions we provide in our guides. Here at Evapo we purpose to make each smoker a vaper, and every vaper a good friend! We are working to professionalise the business, offering comprehensive help and recommendation to each one of our customers, both in retailer and on-line! Check out our guides and blogs for useful recommendation and information; from getting began with vaping, our latest e-liquid favourites or assist with CBD.
Bought by Binns 1926; renamed Binns. Acquired by House of Fraser 1953; closed 1992. Stuart Norris – Succeeded Driscolls. Acquired by House of Fraser 1975; renamed Chiesmans 1975; renamed Army & Navy; closed 1990s. Robert Maule & Son – established 1894. Bought by Binns 1934; renamed Binns. Acquired by House of Fraser 1953; renamed Frasers.
J T Calvert – Bought by Hedley, Swan & Co., homeowners of Joplings, 1921; Calverts closed and Joplings relocated to the location. B T Butter (Weston-tremendous-Mare) – Bought by James Colmer. Burgis & Colbourne – Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1963; renamed Army & Navy 1974. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed Rackhams; renamed House of Fraser c. A H Bull – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1953; incorporated into Heelas. Bought by Eaden Lilley 2003; renamed Eaden Lilley.
Compton House – Built for retailer J.R.Jeffery in 1865; closed in 1871. Compton House holds a unique worldwide status as a contender for the world’s first division retailer, pre-dating Bon Marche in Paris by some five years.
Building transformed to a lodge in 1873 and a part of the building has been occupied by Marks & Spencer since 1928. Boardmans – purchased by Keddies within the Seventies; closed in 1984 and constructing demolished. Lincolnshire Co-operative – operated a variety of department stores, the remaining two of which, in Lincoln and Gainsborough, have been acquired by Oldrids in 2013. The co-operative continues to operate a number of businesses outside of non-food retail.
Bought by Hurst & Sandler and subsequently acquired by United Drapery Stores; closed in 1980. You have to be over 18 to purchase age restricted merchandise from us – we’ll request your date of start when you create an account and verify your age whenever you order. Keep all items out of reach from kids.
Bonds – purchased by John Lewis Partnership in 1982; renamed John Lewis in 2001. Edward Bates – established 1869; bought by Bentalls in 1979; renamed Bentalls; closed in the Eighties. Anderson’s Royal Polytechnic – established 1837 as Glasgow’s first division retailer. Bought by Lewis’s within the Nineteen Twenties and rebuilt. A new Lewis’s department retailer opened on the positioning in 1929.
Bought by Debenhams 1943; renamed Debenhams 1973. W H Hunt & Co. – Established 1889; closed 1923. Located at 197–207 Kensington High Street. Howards – Bought by United Drapery Stores; later included into the John Blundell group; renamed John Blundell. George Hitchcock Williams & Co. (St Paul’s Churchyard, London) – Established 1841; closed 1984.
Vape Shop in North East Lincolnshire, UK
Acquired by House of Fraser 1957; closed 1968; reopened as Dickins & Jones on completion of new building 1970; renamed House of Fraser 2007. Gamis’s – established in 1828 by Ince Gamis as ‘perfumer, hairdresser and toy dealer’ and traded successively as Ince Gamis, Gamis & Hunt, Gamis & Co. and Gamis’s. The enterprise came to be owned by House of Fraser within the Seventies (presumably by way of a bigger acquisition?) and was renamed Dingles earlier than closing within the Nineteen Eighties. The premises have been bought by Denners. G R Cooper – bought by Selfridges in 1966. Original retailer demolished 1973 for brand spanking new retailer as a part of Westgate growth.
Havens Opened 1901; Store closed in 2017 and moved to being an online retailer solely. George Henry Havelock – Destroyed by fire 18 July 1898; rebuilt 1900; closed 1914. William Harvey – Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1953. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed Army & Navy; renamed House of Fraser. Bought by Drapery Trust; incorporated into the Bobby & Co. group; renamed Debenhams Seventies. Grant Warden (Walton-on-Thames) – Formerly Campbell & Booker. Bought by J E Beale; renamed Beales.
Kennards – Bought by Drapery Trust; renamed Debenhams 1973.Kennards – Opened by Debenhams as a branch of Kennards of Croydon; closed. George Hilton & Sons – Established 1882; closed 1980s. Main buildings demolished and web site redeveloped as Orchards Shopping Centre.
Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1969; renamed Dingles 1973; renamed House of Fraser 2000s. Cole Brothers – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores 1927.
Godfreys – closed 2015; re-opened as Kerry’s Home Furnishings. Closed 2001 and renamed House of Fraser. Eastmonds – Bought by Banburys of Barnstaple; renamed Banburys. Darling & Co. – Bought by House of Fraser from Great Universal Stores; closed. Traded as Colson & Spark ; Colson & Gates 1870–1889; Colson & Co. . Bought by Brights 1925; renamed Colsons of Exeter 1925.
Opened as Hammonds on completion of new building 1970. Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1972; renamed Binns; closed c. Premises purchased by Boyes and reopened in 1998. Henry Sparrow Started as Sworders Ironmongery retailer in the course of the mid 1800s in North Street. In 1904 it was purchased by the shops clerk, Henry Sparrow. His family grew it into Bishop Stortford’s solely division store.
Strange & Atkinson – purchased by Bobby & Co. Eldred Sayers & Sons – Bought by Bentalls; renamed Bentalls; relocated. Bought by J E Beale from Fenwick; renamed Beales; closed. Arthur Sanders – Established 1770. Bought by Binns 1922; renamed Binns. Now only surviving store to retain the Binns name .
Bought by Benzie household, of Benzie & Miller, 1958; closed 2007. Ranbys – Bought by Debenhams Sixties; renamed Debenhams 1973; relocated 2007.
- W H Hunt & Co. – Established 1889; closed 1923.
- Webbers – Succeeded City Drapery Stores 1905.
- Lewis’s – group went into administration in 1991.
- Havens Opened 1901; Store closed in 2017 and moved to being an internet retailer only.
- Acquired by House of Fraser 1958; renamed Arnotts 1970s; closed Nineteen Eighties.
Acquired by House of Fraser 1951; later integrated into the Binns group; renamed Binns. Bought by Palmers 2004; renamed Palmers 2009. Chadds – Established 1929; closed 7 June 2008. Building now partly occupied by The Entertainer . Carltons – Succeeded Norman Jones & Co. 1918. Bought by Hammonds 1968; renamed Hammonds on completion of recent buIlding 1970.
Wilson & Co – established in 1883; building destroyed by fire in 1909 Store re-opened with new grand building and became often known as Wilson’s Corner. Building now occupied by smaller items and flats. West & Moulton – Bought by Whiteleys.
Roslings – Opened at no. 31 London Road in 1905 earlier than extending in 1932. Store closed in 1960 being bought by Woolworths who opened their new store in 1965. H L Reid – purchased by Great Northern & Southern Stores and Wright Brothers 1938.
Quin & Axten – Bought by Bon Marché 1920. Acquired by Selfridge Provincial Stores 1926. Subsequently, acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1949. Subsequently, acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1990.
Boothroyds – purchased by Broadbents of Southport; acquired by Owen Owen and merged with Broadbents to kind Broadbents & Boothroyds on the Boothroyds web site. Bought by Selfridges in 1919; incorporated into Selfridge Provincial Stores in 1926; rebuilt in 1935. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership in 1940; closed in 1981; building subsequently occupied by Waitrose.
Bought by United Drapery Stores; renamed Allders c. J D Morant (Chichester; beforehand Southsea) – Established 1910; Southsea premises destroyed by bombing 1941; relocated to Chichester 1941. Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1955; renamed Army & Navy. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed House of Fraser 2007. 1880s; succeeded by Norman Jones & Co. McDonalds, Wylie & Lochhead – fashioned from the merger of McDonalds and Wylie & Lochhead by House of Fraser 1957; renamed Frasers 1975.
In 1971 the enterprise was sold by public sale to Pearsons of Enfield. Pearsons was bought to Morleys Stores in 2010, with the Bishop Stortford retailer closed in 2012.
Finnigans (Wilmslow; beforehand Manchester) – Relocated from Manchester metropolis centre to Wilmslow c. Bought by Hoopers 1982; renamed Hoopers 1982. John Falconer & Co. – Bought by Scottish Drapery Corporation 1929.
Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1975. Rankin & Co. – Bought by Benzie & Miller; renamed Benzie & Miller. Acquired by House of Fraser 1958; renamed Arnotts 1970s; closed Nineteen Eighties. A L Ramsay – Established 1845, later A L Ramsay & Son. Bought by Benzie & Miller; renamed Benzie & Miller. Acquired by House of Fraser; renamed Arnotts; closed. Innokin Slipsteam Tank Black & Co. – Established 1902.
Webbers – Succeeded City Drapery Stores 1905. Bought by Hide & Co. 1952; closed 1971. Vokins – Established 1882 as ‘Leeson & Vokins’. Traded as ‘Leeson & Vokins’ 1882–1937; W H Vokins 1937–1983; Vokins 1983–1997; closed 1997. Vokins continued to trade as ‘Vokins Furniture & Beds’ from a web site in Hove till closure in 2015. Bought by John Lewis Partnership 1947; bought to McCartney Stewart. Site now occupied by part of Marks & Spencer and south-eastern part of Arndale Centre .
Garlands – Located in London Street. A hearth in 1970 destroyed the constructing and its neighbouring department store Buntings. The constructing was rebuilt but the store closed in 1984. Dale & Kerley – purchased by John Barker & Co.; acquired by House of Fraser 1957; integrated into the Army & Navy group c. Building now occupied by T J Hughes .
Busbys was itself bought by Debenhams in 1958. The store was renamed Debenhams in 1973 and continues to trade from the same website .
Cresta House – opened by Debenhams as a branch of Cresta House in premises previously occupied by the Harrogate department of Marshall & Snelgrove. Bought by Schofields; renamed Schofields. Acquired by House of Fraser; closed.
Woolland Brothers – Established 1869; new building completed 1901. Bought by Debenhams 1949; closed 1967. Site now occupied by The Park Tower Knightsbridge Hotel . Woodard’s Opened 1908 on nook of Regent Street and the Parade. Store was closed by then owners Merchant Retail on the 31st July 2004, contributing £300,000 profit to the group. The constructing was offered to Atlantic Property Developments plc who demolished the building in 2005. Building bought by Hoopers and reopened as the primary Hoopers store 1982.
Acquired by House of Fraser 1969; renamed Dingles 1973; renamed House of Fraser 2000s.Brights – Opened within the former premises of Bobby & Co. as a department of Brights 1932. Subsequently, acquired by House of Fraser 1969; renamed Dingles 1973; closed 1990s.
Acquired by House of Fraser 1952; renamed Frasers 1970s; closed 2002. Bought by House of Fraser 1977; closed 2005.David Evans – Opened as a department of David Evans of Swansea 1961. Acquired by House of Fraser 1977; renamed House of Fraser c. Dawson Brothers – bought by Drapery Trust; ownership subsequently transferred to Debenhams; offered Closed. Located at City Road / East Road junction.
Nicotine in its pure type is a poison and can trigger hurt. E cigarettes are not a Nicotine Replacement Therapy and usually are not designed that will help you give up smoking. We usually are not a pharmaceutical company and do not produce medical products.
All shops are briefly closed other than for the collection of pre-paid Call & Collect orders from selected shops. mySociety is a registered charity in England and Wales and a restricted firm . We present industrial companies via our wholly owned subsidiary SocietyWorks Ltd . Wright Brothers – Bought by Hide & Co. 1940. Bought by Owen Owen from House of Fraser 1976; renamed Owen Owen; closed 1990; premises offered to Tesco. Building now occupied by Tesco Metro .
Bought from the receiver of Eaden Lilley by C J Townrow & Sons 2009; renamed Townrow. Bonds – moved to current location in 1870; bought by Debenhams in the Sixties; renamed Debenhams in 1973. Bodgers – opened 14 June 1890; bought by Morleys in 1959; closed 28 February 2018. Bobby & Co. – Succeeded John Cordeux & Sons as a department of Bobby & Co. in 1928; closed in 1932 and premises offered to Brights. John Banner – Established 1873; relocated to Attercliffe Road in 1894; rebuilt in 1934.
Acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; renamed John Lewis 2002. Clements & Brown – Bought by James Colmer. Acquired by Owen Owen 1973; renamed Owen Owen. Thomas Clarkson & Sons – Established 1840. Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1960; renamed Army & Navy 1974. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed Rackhams. Edward J Clarke – Bought by McDonalds of Glasgow 1922; renamed McDonalds 1922.
Kennards – Opened by Debenhams as a department of Kennards of Croydon; renamed Debenhams 1973. Jones Brothers – Bought by Selfridge Provincial Stores. Acquired by John Lewis Partnership 1940; closed 1990. Jones & Higgins – Established 1867. Acquired by Great Universal Stores; closed 1980. Re-opened as the Houndsditch earlier than closing in 1984 and being demolished and changed by Aylesham Centre.
Former furniture building now occupied by Robert Dyas . R H O Hills – Bought by Whiteleys. Acquired by House of Fraser 1975; integrated into the Binns group; renamed Binns; closed. Genge & Co. – Succeeded George Dixon & Jameson 1899. Bought by Army & Navy Stores 1953. Acquired by House of Fraser 1976; renamed Dingles; closed Nineteen Eighties.
Acquired by House of Fraser 1959; renamed Rackhams Seventies; renamed House of Fraser 1980s; closed 1998. Verity & Sons – Bought by Owen Owen; renamed Owen Owen. Bought by House of Fraser from Owen Owen 1976; integrated into the Binns group; renamed Binns; converted double drip coil sauce lemon lime tangerine ice 50ml to an outlet store; renamed House of Fraser Outlet. Tyrrell & Green – Established 1897. Bought by John Lewis Partnership 1934; renamed John Lewis on relocation to new constructing 2000.
About The Author
Author Biograhy: Ekaterina Mironova is a co-founder of CBD Life Mag and an avid blogger on the Hemp, CBD and fashion subjects. Ekaterina is also on the panel of the CBD reviewers and she most enjoys CBD gummies. Ekaterina has developed a real interest in CBD products after she started taking CBD tincture oil to help her ease her anxiety that was part-and-parcel of her quick-paced city career. When Ekaterina realised just how effective CBD is, she has founded CBD Life Magazine along with some of her friends.
When she is not blogging, you are likely to see Ekaterina in front of her souped up Alienware laptop gaming or delving into the world of Cryptocurrency. Ekaterina also boasts a very large collection of Penny Black Posts stamps and silver hammered Medieval coins. Ekaterina’s other interest include swimming, painting, traveling, shopping, spending a good time with her friends and helping animals in need.
Ekaterina has featured in some of the leading publications such as Vanity Fair, Country Living, Vogue, Elle, New York Times and others.
CBD Life Mag